Pressure washing is a more hectic task than most people assume. It requires the using the right technique and machine, depending on the application. While most people may prefer owning a pressure washer, many are usually intimidated by the powerful machine and its application. Firstly, the machine costs hundreds to thousands of dollars. Most people are not willing to spend this much money on a product they do not use all the time. However, the good thing about pressure washing is you can contact and hire professional pressure washing services. You can also invest in the machine to become a professional service provider and earn extra cash. This post compared DIY and professional pressure washing.
DIY pressure washing
This is where you conduct the task by yourself. You can rent or purchase a pressure washer for this task. Either way, the process requires you to learn about the machine and how to apply it.
Benefits of DIY pressure washing
DIY pressure washing offers the following benefits;
- It helps you learn the pressure washing skills to help you become a professional service provider or earn some extra income.
- You can lend your services to other people like your family and friends
- You can clean on your terms and at whatever time you want
- You do not have to pay any money for professional services
Downsides of DIY pressure washing
There are also some cons to DIY pressure washing. The core ones are
- You have to spend a lot of money buying or renting the machine
- You have to learn how to use the machine and handle the various mechanics
- Using a pressure washer can be dangerous, especially if you are doing it for the first time
Professional pressure washing
If DIY pressure washing is not for you, you can scrap it and go for professional services instead. Numerous companies or individuals are offering professional pressure washing services.
Benefits of professional pressure washing
Below are the primary advantages of hiring a professional service provider for your pressure washing needs;
- This is a safer alternative to DIY application because you do not have to worry about the dangers of working with a powerful pressure washer
- This alternative is more effective and convenient. Professional pressure washers know how to handle different cleaning tasks most effectively. They also understand using various attachments and methods to achieve the most effective results.
- Hiring a professional is also cheaper because you do not have to worry about purchasing or renting the machine
While hiring a professional is quite advantageous, there are several downsides. Some of the downsides are;
- You do not have control over the job. This may result in less than perfect results
- It can be expensive depending on the type of service you want and the company you hire
When determining the best decision between DIY and professional pressure washing, below are some questions you must ask yourself?
- How often do you require pressure washing services (if the answer is often, then DIY would be perfect)
- How much are you willing to invest?
- Do you intend to use your pressure washing skills beyond personal cleaning duties?